Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Nanjing Open Chat

Discuss anything pertaining to international living in Nanjing.

TOPIC: American ATM cards in Chinese ATM machines

American ATM cards in Chinese ATM machines 2 years 4 days ago #25074

I just got back to China after spending several months away. I am in Zhangjiagang this time. I remember in Nanjing that one of the banks accepted American ATM cards and I could make a withdrawal from with Chinese currency. I don't remember which bank that was. Anybody know?
  • jimlarsen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: American ATM cards in Chinese ATM machines 2 years 4 days ago #25075

You can use Bank of America cards at China Construction bank with no fees due to their partnership. I've used my Bank of America cards at a couple other banks without issue in a pinch, but there are additional fees.
  • Nanjinged
  • Aristocrat
  • Thank you received: 8

Re: American ATM cards in Chinese ATM machines 2 years 4 days ago #25076

I found that 80% of ATM machines will allow you to use North American cards. All machines take out money in RMB (if they let you take out money). Most hit you up with a fee of around 5$ for the service (your home bank, not the local machine). So better take take out a larger amount. The currency rate (USD to RMB) should be reflected on your home banks monthly bill.

What i am always afraid of, is that some crusty old machine is going to eat / break / scratch my card. Not so easy to replace when you are here :duh:

PS, I have to replace my card very soon with a "new" one. My bank is going to cut off my old one soon. They sent me a message that the new one has "new" security features. Sigh.
  • mach5
  • Thank you received: 53
Moderators: mach5
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Site activity

1 user and 232 guests online