Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Nanjing Open Chat

Discuss anything pertaining to international living in Nanjing.

TOPIC: Bank of China best for international banking

Bank of China best for international banking 2 years 1 month ago #24447

I want to purchase something from America using either Western Union or bank transfer. Last week was frustrating nonsensical rigamarole at the Post Office (Western Union), ICBC, and SPD banks. Lots of forms and delays and run-around and giggling and then finally in all cases ends with "sorry, foreigners aren't allowed to send money out." :hsugh:

Finally a friend (who had the same problem) tipped me off to the Bank of China on Hunan Lu (walk past Phoenix Mall towards Eating Street bridge). They have English speaking staff, crisp effective service, and the most foreign-friendly banking services in town! :clap:
  • Anil
  • Alpha male
  • Thank you received: 24
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bank of China best for international banking 2 years 1 month ago #24460

I can recommend the Bank of China. We dealing with them for 2 years now. But also China Merchants Bank we have good experience with them, helpful and english speaking staff. Even the staff know you and you moved money overseas on a regular base, one day you walk in and there is this "sorry foreigners are not allowed to send, spend money outside China". It takes then 30 minutes to explain why, until you insist to speak to the manager and yep, all of a sudden you can.
  • Cleode
  • Thank you received: 4
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: mach5
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Site activity

Forum buzz

0 users and 268 guests online