Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Upcoming Premiership Season

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21208

Looks like Tevez is definitely off to Corinthians then. :wavey:

JP what's this I see you might be going for Sturridge on loan but also might be selling Coloccini?
  • Keyser Soze
  • Kingpin
  • Thank you received: 34
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21252

Keyser Soze wrote:
Looks like Tevez is definitely off to Corinthians then. :wavey:

JP what's this I see you might be going for Sturridge on loan but also might be selling Coloccini?

Talk about speaking to soon. :duh:

Corinthians have now pulled-out, but apparently Mancini does not want Tevez back at Middle Eastlands and a swap deal has apparently been proposed with Inter with Tevez going to them and Sneijder coming to us...

:headbang:
  • Keyser Soze
  • Kingpin

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21268

Just got back tonight, everything seemed to go very quiet, shame about the transfer window re: Tevez, sure I read that you want more money if you sell him to a European team
  • fossa
  • Board deity
  • Thank you received: 21

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21269

Now the transfer window is getting interesting, and i'm sure they'll be a few more surprises in there for good measure.

Interesting situation with Carlos Tevez. Wonder what kind of reception he'll get by the fans for the charity shield? I mean, come on he's still one of the world's mos deadly strikers, why WOULDN'T you want to play him in a cup final game against the champions and most bitter rivals? He HAS to play...

Yes to sturidge please, but i hear he's off to Anderlecht on loan as Chelski are getting Lukaku (sp) so a season swap deal for sturridge to sweeten the offer.

Collocini isn't going anywhere mate.

Ben Arfa injured again for 2 weeks. He's just too fast, too skilful and when anyone tries to tackle him he gets taken out. disgusting.
  • JP
  • Thank you received: 1

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21270

MAKING THE NEWS THIS WEEKEND:

"David Beckham has taunted Manchester City, telling them: "You'll never be as big as United".

Everton have laughed off Arsenal's bid to land Phil Jagielka on the cheap.

Carlos Tevez is still expecting a stampede for his signature.

Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Barcelona midfielder Oriol Ro"

"Carlos Tevez's fractious relationship with Manchester City has become so bad manager Roberto Mancini has been unable to even talk to the striker." :dramaqueen: Mancnini can't even control or deal with his 'superstar' players. interesting....wonder what sir bobby robson would have done? (or did do with Bellamy, laurent robert, kieron dyer, lee bowyer and woodgate) He managed them!!
  • JP

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21298

• fossa
  • Board deity

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21315

fossa wrote:
He tried a bit of a trick in a friendly, so what? Completely in agreement with Rory Smith of The Telegraph on this one:
This affliction is now so complete, its symptoms so advanced, that showboating is all but an offence. If a player can be hauled off by his own manager for a bit of trickery - and, because this cannot be stressed enough, a bit of trickery in an entirely meaningless game - what's next? A booking for a back heel? A straight red for a nutmeg?

This is not what football is supposed to be. Should Pele have been withdrawn after his shimmy against Uruguay in the 1970 World Cup? Should Sweden have protested when Johan Cruyff brought his eponymous trick to the world's attention against them four years later?

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams...boat-his-skills.html
  • Keyser Soze
  • Kingpin

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21317

I agree to an extent that the fact it WAS just a friendly, and it was the best time to try it (do you think there's a chance he'll try it again against Man Utd in the Charity Shield just to prove a point?) but it just seems with Balotelli's past it's always going to be highlighted and publisised.

Question: What would have everyone siad if it actually worked and went in?

Other news today:

Joey Barton rejects a £1.5mill deadl to go to Man utd. stating 'Thanks but no thanks. I'm staying in Newcastle' -Official twitter report
Midfielder Joey Barton reassures Newcastle fans that he has no immediate plans to leave St James’ Park, despite rumoured interest from Manchester United – talkSPORT

Roma’s sporting director Walter Sabatini has insisted that Italian midfielder Daniele de Rossi is not for sale. Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City have been linked to the 28-year-old after contract talks broke down between him and his club – talkSPORT

A deal to bring attacking midfielder Javier Pastore to Chelsea is almost complete, Palermo vice-president Guglielmo Micciche has claimed, leaving Tottenham’s Luka Modric’s chances of joining the Blues in ruins – Metro

Arsenal are prepared to sell Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona for less than £40m - but only if 20-year-old midfielder Thiago Alcantara is included in the deal – Metro

Neil Warnock’s future as boss of QPR is in doubt after he was told to watch what he says by majority shareholders Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore – the Sun

Manchester City are ready to begin talks with Atletico Madrid for forward Sergio Aguero, regardless of whether or not wantaway striker Carlos Tevez leaves the English Premier League club – Metro

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says nobody will be prepared to stump up the £45m asking price for Manchester City’s Tevez - even though Inter Milan sporting director Marco Branca was seen chatting to the player last week – Metro

Newcastle are waiting to hear if Paris St Germain striker Mevlut Erdinc will agree to a move after the clubs agreed a £7m deal in principle – Daily Mail

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has revealed he has tried to persuade Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri to reject Manchester City in favour of the Red Devils – Daily Telegraph

Mario Balotelli to QPR on loan for the rest of the season as punishment for being a k***- The truth
  • JP

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21318

This made me laugh:

"The former Inter Milan striker - who had already scored for Roberto Mancini's side - opted for a cocky pirouette and backheel showboating effort that drifted harmlessly wide.

Cue a swift substition only 30 minutes into the game. This then sparked a touchline row with a furious Mancini.

But you know it's bad when even Joey Barton is taking the p*ss out of you.

The Newcastle United midfielder tweeted: "Mario Balotelli is fully off his barnet... from now on am referring to him as "The Renegade"... he amuses me greatly with his antics."

Later he added: '"The Renegade" is definitely mentally unstable, some of his stunts are the ultimate in lunacy. How do u [sic] manage such a complex person??"
:clap: :lulz: :crazy:
  • JP

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21334

Ha'way lads.....

To make the predictions more interesting lets do a league.

Go to fantasy.premierleague.com to create a team and then enter the code: 132947-113984

You can make unlimited changes until the season starts, then it's usually 1 per week
  • fossa
  • Board deity

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21342

• fossa
  • Board deity

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21359

So we got Aguero, and talk is back on of a straight Tevez/Eto'o this weekend. Could be some strike force next season, Aguero, Eto'o, Balotelli being supported by Yaya and David Silva with Dzeko on the bench.

:ohyeah:
  • Keyser Soze
  • Kingpin

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21377

Keyser Soze wrote:
So we got Aguero, and talk is back on of a straight Tevez/Eto'o this weekend. Could be some strike force next season, Aguero, Eto'o, Balotelli being supported by Yaya and David Silva with Dzeko on the bench.

:ohyeah:

Yeah but you still have Lescott at the back ;-)

Good result against Inter Milan. A 3-0 win Ballotelli and Dzeko scored and Balotelli 'the renegade' managed not to piss off his manager with some outlandish showboating :stickpoke:

Looks like city may be a force next season. think you need a righ winger though (nani?)
  • JP

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21402

JP ......

I can't stand the bloke, I'd hate him representing my team but he's obviously got some talent ...... Barton is on a FREE? I can't believe it.

What do you make of it and the other changes going on "up the road?"
  • fossa
  • Board deity

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21445

Now Balotelli is also moaning that he dislikes Manchester. What the fuck have either of them got to be miserable about? Balotelli is starting to get on my tits even.

:duh:
  • Keyser Soze
  • Kingpin

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21446

By the way - Fossa/JP; Charity Shield this Sunday 9:30PM in Jimmy's. Don't forget our bet JP! :stickpoke:
  • Keyser Soze
  • Kingpin

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21447

fossa wrote:
JP ......

I can't stand the bloke, I'd hate him representing my team but he's obviously got some talent ...... Barton is on a FREE? I can't believe it.

What do you make of it and the other changes going on "up the road?"

To be fair i'm really worried about the things i'm hearing about n'castle at the mo'.
Player unrest, a puppet of a manager who has no respect of the fans/players, non of the £35mill Carrol money spent. Nolan left, Enrique off, Barton leaving on a free...it's getting ridiculous. I swear it's like a soap opera, you couldn't make this stuff up. It all started going wrong when Houghton got sacked and now the ring leaders of the team spirit have been disbanded (Nolan, Carrol, Barton etc) so it'll be interesting to see how we respond if we go 2-0 down against some teams.

But it could always be worse. We have a more mobile centre mid (cabaye looking the 'nuts, alongside tiote, with marveuex, guiterrez and arfa) and demba ba upfront.
  • JP

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21469

Keyser Soze wrote:
By the way - Fossa/JP; Charity Shield this Sunday 9:30PM in Jimmy's. Don't forget our bet JP! :stickpoke:

What's the latest bet then?
  • fossa
  • Board deity

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21503

fossa wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

What's the latest bet then?

It's a 3 way between JP, The Red Roarer and I. 50RMB, I have City to win, Roarer says United and JP says it will go to penalties.
  • Keyser Soze
  • Kingpin

Re: Upcoming Premiership Season 2 years 8 months ago #21520

Was a good game and a good night. Charity .... sorry community shields aren't usually great but this one was good .... sorry KS.

Re: JP ....... Still can't believe how small the world is :thinking:
  • fossa
  • Board deity
Moderators: mach5
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Site activity

2 users and 395 guests online